Here’s what you can do if you have been a victim of fraud
- Contact your bank(s) and credit card issuers immediately to ensure the following are done:
- Access to your accounts can be protected
- Stop payments placed on missing cheques
- Personal Identification Numbers (PINs) and Online Banking Passwords changed
- Be sure to indicate to the bank or issuer all the cards and/or accounts potentially impacted, including your ATM cards and credit cards.
- Review all recent transactions on your accounts linked to those cards. Additionally, ensure that no one has requested an address change, title change, PIN change, or ordered new cards or checks to be sent to another address when appropriate.
- Maintain a written chronology of what happened, what was lost, and the steps you took to report the incident to the various sources. Be sure to record the date, time, contact telephone number, person you talked to, and any relevant report or reference number and instructions.
- For further information or queries, please call 600 54 0000