Online Banking Security
You have to protect your information at all times be it over the internet or during your normal banking activities by simply following these tips:
Protect your Password and Personal Information:
- Do not use passwords that are easy to guess, e.g. your name, your date of birth, your telephone number(s), etc.
- Use a combination of upper and lower case letters as well as numbers.
- Do not use share your password with anyone and do not use the same password for other websites.
- Change your password frequently and never write it down.
- Always log into Online Banking via our sites at the following addresses: www.emiratesnbd.com and not through other links.
- Avoid logging into Online Banking from Internet Cafes, Libraries or public sites.
- Always close the window once you have logged out of your Online Banking session.
- Important: No one at Emirates NBD will ever ask you for your online banking password. If someone does ask you for it, they do not represent the Bank and you should not under any circumstance provide this information.
Protect your Computer and Internet session:
- Never share your computer.
- Use a password on your PC to prevent unauthorised access to your information.
- Be wary of opening email messages from untrustworthy sources, especially if they contain attachments.
- Do not reply to emails that request your personal information. They may appear to come from a trusted friend or business, but they are designed to trick you in disclosing sensitive personal information.
- Use personal firewalls and anti-virus software.
- Avoid downloading software such as screen savers, desktop themes, games, and other executable type programs from websites that are obscure or unidentifiable. These programs may contain Trojan viruses that would enable hackers to monitor or take over your PC.
- Disable all unnecessary services running on your computer.
- Always verify that the site is the genuine Emirates NBD site.
- Do not leave your online banking session unattended at any time.
- Before you start your online banking session, ensure that all other internet sessions are closed. If your online banking session is open we recommend that you do not open other internet browsers at the same time.
- Please contact our Customer Service Helpdesk on +9714 3160316 in case you receive fraudulent emails or require any assistance using our Online Banking service.